‘The Mid’ Area Football Top Ten
September 3, 2014 • 261 views
Monrovia won, some things never change, but so did Rio Hondo Prep. Granted it wasn’t against a big time opponent, yet in a new year, in a new division, and after so many losses to graduation, it was good win for the Kares. Of 18 coverage area teams, three had byes (Temple City, Gabrielino, Mt. View) 15 played, and just five won.
1. Monrovia Wildcats (1-0): Started slow, but rallied to beat San Dimas.
2. Rio Hondo Prep Kares (1-0): Get used to it, you might be seeing a lot of this team.
3. Arcadia Apaches (1-0): Yeah, it was only Alhambra but a win is a win.
4. Rosemead Panthers (0-1) Cut out the first half and they beat Northview.
5. La Puente Warriors (1-0): Big win over not so good Sierra Vista.
6. Baldwin Park Braves (1-0): Squeaked one out at El Monte.
7. Arroyo Knights (0-1): Randy Amezcua is the new “A-Train”.
8. Gabrielino Eagles (0-0): Get started this week.
9. El Monte Lions (0-1): If Lions play defense, offense will make them dangerous.
10. Bassett Olympians (0-1): Talented to do damage, but need to play four quarters.