The 2013 OC Fair Opens this Friday July 12 Come and Get Free Admission and Much More
July 11, 2013 • 2,219 views
Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.
Email This Story
The will open its gates Friday, July 12, to mark the beginning of the much-anticipated annual tradition that runs until Sunday, August 11 (open Wednesday-Sunday). The theme, “Come & Get It,” brings back familiar favorites, such as the All-Alaskan Pig Races and exhilarating carnival rides, as well as new features including Dr. Entomo’s Palace of Exotic Wonders, a sideshow-type insect exhibit, and the Summer in the Cities Presentation, a nightly multi-faceted celebration of Orange County. Fairgoers can take advantage of free admission and parking during Opening Hour (Friday, July 12, Noon-1 p.m.) The following promotions are also available on Friday (open Noon-Midnight):
• Seniors Day: $6 admission for guests 60 and older as well as free Ferris wheel and merry-go-round rides all day
• $2 Taste of Fair Food: Sample Fair food Noon-4 p.m.
• $2 Rides & $2 Games: Sold until 4 p.m.
The excitement continues through the night with concerts and action sports. Colbie Caillat kicks off the Toyota Summer Concert Series at the Pacific Amphitheatre at 7:45 p.m. as tribute band Hotel California – A Salute to The Eagles will rock the stage at 8:30 p.m. in The Hangar and X-Treme Freestyle Moto-X will stun the crowds in the Action Sports Arena at 8 p.m. Pacific Amphitheatre and The Hangar concert tickets and Action Sports Arena reserved seats include free Fair admission for the same day, so ticketholders are invited to come early and stay late.
Throughout the 2013 OC Fair (July 12-August 11), Fairgoers can also enjoy:
• Military Get in Free: Free admission each day for active-duty U.S. military and veterans with appropriate I.D.
• Read & Ride Program: Children (ages 5-11) who read at least two books and submit a completed OC Fair Read & Ride Book Report Form (available online at ocfair.com/readandride) will receive three free carnival rides.
• Free Exhibits and Events: Crafts and culinary displays in the Exhibit Promenade; Summer in the Cities twice nightly at The Hangar; Dr. Entomo’s Palace of Exotic Wonders in Memorial Gardens; Come & Get It Sand Sculpture; daily contests in the Fun Zone and more. All free with Fair admission.
Saturday, July 13 (Open 10 a.m.-Midnight)
• Steel Pulse / Iration in the Pacific Amphitheatre (7 p.m.)
• Space Oddity – A Tribute to David Bowie in The Hangar (8:30 p.m.)
• 39th Annual Speedway Fair Derby in the Action Sports Arena (8 p.m.)
• Rise & Shine: $3 general admission (10 a.m.-11 a.m.)