Esthela Torres de Siegrist, Candidate El Monte Union High School District Board of Governors 2013
October 4, 2013 • 794 views
Esthela Torres de Siegrist, MA Education/MA Spanish Linguistics/ABD Spanish Linguistics
Candidate El Monte Union High School District Board of Governors 2013
- I bring 30+years of successful first-hand teaching and leadership expertise in high schools and colleges. My MA in Education provided me mastery of teaching methodologies, strategies, evaluation, school finance, legislation, and school law. In a myriad of local clubs, I have led as President, Dean, etc. My multicultural/multilingual abilities can be a great asset.
- Unresolved challenges:
- Five of six high schools are in Program Improvement.
- Declining enrollment and future funding cuts.
- District staff disharmony.
- Our 112-year-old high school district lacks its own proprietary, district-controlled/directed foundation+alumnae organization.
- Meaningful parent/family/student/local-area business involvement.
- Conducting curriculum audits.
- Lack of effective, meaningful and ongoing collaboration with our feeder schools.
- Preventing bullying: physical, mental and cyber.
- I have the knowledge, integrity, training, experience, and dedication to do the job well. I seek to ensure that our students have the same opportunity/resources to succeed like my own three children did in our district. Our students deserve the best.
- As a team player and good listener, I will strive to make major improvements in the education we provide to our students and to:
- End Program Improvement status.
- Ensure transparency and wise, frugal fiscal policies.
- Work diligently to create harmonious conditions for staff.
- Demand accountability of our staff and students.
- Secure financial stability.
Dramatically increase family inclusion.