CRIME BLOTTER: 06/23/13 – 06/29/13
July 11, 2013 • 876 views
Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.
Email This Story
• A Vandalism occurred between 10:00am & 3:00pm, in the 8900 block of Hermosa Drive. The victim said someone threw coffee creamer on her front door, her parked vehicle, and inside her mailbox.
• A Residential Burglary arrest of a MH/23 was made at 11:58pm, in the 4400 block of Temple City Boulevard. Deputies responded to a residential burglary call of a suspect who had forced his way into a residence and fled before deputies arrived. The suspect forcibly entered a second residence and was chased off by the victims. The suspect entered a third residence through an open window in an attempt to hide from deputies, but was captured inside. The suspect is a local transient.
• A Petty Theft occurred between 1:30pm & 3:00pm, in the 9700 block of Las Tunas Drive. The victim attended a physical training class at a local park and put his gym bag down. When he returned, his gym bag was gone.
• A Loitering/Sleeping in Public arrest of a MH/54 was made in the 8900 block of Broadway. The deputy observed the suspect sleeping in the business area with a female suspect (see below). The suspect is a resident of Duarte.
• A Possession of a Controlled Substance, Possession of Narcotics Paraphernalia, & Loitering arrest of a FH/35 was made at 9:00am, in the 8900 block of Broadway. The suspect was sleeping in a public place. The deputy arrested the suspect and recovered suspected methamphetamine & narcotics paraphernalia. The suspect told the deputy she was recently raped, but did not report the alleged rape to police. The deputy transported the suspect to a local hospital for medical treatment and conducted a rape investigation, prior to booking the suspect. The suspect is a resident of Pico Rivera.
• A Petty Theft occurred between 12:00am & 4:30pm, in the 10,600 block of Bogue Street. The victim said he parked his unlocked vehicle. When he returned, he discovered someone entered his vehicle and stole several items.
Weekly Crime Blotter June 23 – 29, 2013 Page 2
• A Petty Theft Shoplifting occurred between 5:09pm & 5:15pm, in the 5600 block of Rosemead Boulevard. A loss prevention agent watched the suspect enter the local business and take several items from a display case, then exit without paying. The suspect entered a vehicle driven by a second female. There was a witness and video surveillance of the incident.
• A Petty Theft occurred between 12:00pm & 5:00pm, in the 5400 block of Temple City Boulevard. The victim said someone stole a book from her front porch. The victim added she recently noticed several other items missing from her front yard.
• A Burglary Shoplifting occurred at 9:05am, in the 5800 block of Rosemead Boulevard. The suspect entered a local business and stole a cell phone on display. The suspect ripped the security cord holding the cell phone and ran to a nearby waiting vehicle (blue sedan), that was driven by a second suspect. There was a witness and video surveillance of the incident.
•A Drunk in Public arrest of a MW/62 was made at 8:45pm, in the 9700 block of Las Tunas Drive. The suspect appeared highly intoxicated during a concert in the park and appeared to be a danger to the public and himself. The suspect is a local transient in the area.
• A Possession of a Controlled Substance, Possession of Narcotics Paraphernalia, & Possession of Metal Knuckles arrest of a MH/18 was made at 4:08am, at Rosemead Boulevard and Broadway. The suspect matched the description of a grand theft vehicle suspect and was detained. The suspect possessed suspected methamphetamine, narcotics paraphernalia, and metal knuckles. The suspect is a resident of Alhambra.
• A Petty Theft was reported at 6:38pm, in the 4800 block of Fratus Drive. The victim parked his unlocked vehicle in the driveway of his residence. When he returned, he discovered someone stole his purse/pouch containing his personal property from the vehicle.
Weekly Crime Blotter June 23 – 29, 2013 Page 3
• A Possession of a Controlled Substance arrest of a MH/72 was made at 8:40am, in the 9100 block of Las Tunas Drive. The suspect was detained because he stopped to pick-up/annoy a young female walking down the street. The suspect was in possession of suspected cocaine. The suspect is a resident of San Gabriel.
• A Violation of a Court Order was reported at 1:51pm, in the 5500 block of Santa Anita Avenue. The victim said her ex-boyfriend recently made several attempts to contact her, despite a court order prohibiting him from doing so.
• A Strong Armed Robbery occurred at 3:20pm, at Garibaldi Avenue and Reno Avenue. The suspect approached the victim from behind and grabbed her purse. The victim struggled to keep her purse, but the suspect overpowered her and ran to a nearby waiting vehicle (Silver Audi), driven by a second male suspect.
• A Petty Theft arrest of a FH/63 was made at 4:19pm, in the 5700 block of Rosemead Boulevard. The suspect entered a local business and removed several items from the shelves. She walked to the back of the store and removed the security sensors. The suspect purchased some items, but made no attempt to purchase the items with the removed security sensors. The suspect was detained by store security. The suspect is a resident of Pico Rivera.
• A Petty Theft occurred at 5:02pm, in the 5600 block of Rosemead Boulevard. The suspect entered a local business, stole a number of baby formula containers, and exited without paying for the items. The suspect entered a white van and drove away from the location. There was a reported witness and video surveillance of the incident.
• A Trespassing arrest of a MH/23 was made at 7:30pm, in the 5800 block of Temple City Boulevard. The suspect was arrested for entering a vacant property with posted no trespassing signs. The suspect is a resident of Temple City.
• A Petty Theft was reported at 9:32am, in the 9500 block of Las Tunas Drive. The victim, a local business owner, discovered someone stole the patio furniture from the rear of the business.
• A Commercial Burglary was reported at 1:55am, in the 6300 block of Rosemead Boulevard. Deputies responded to a business alarm call and discovered the front glass door of the business shattered and the cash register missing.
This includes significant crimes and is not inclusive of all crimes in Temple City.