El Monte Helps Out with Summer Food Program
June 26, 2013 • 598 views
El Monte will once again host the Summer Food Program, which provides free and nutritious meals to children, ages 18 and younger, at various park sites throughout El Monte.
The purpose of the program is to ensure all children continue to receive nutritious meals when school is not in session.
“Since instituting the Summer Food Program, El Monte has helped feed local children who might otherwise not be able to eat healthy,” said El Monte Mayor André Quintero. “Through this successful program, we can help ensure children are being fed wholesome meals.”
The program will run from now until August 9. There will be no service on Thursday, July 4.
Lunch will be served at the following times and locations:
• Arceo Park, 3125 Tyler Ave., 12:45 p.m. – 1:45 p.m.
• El Monte Christian Church, 2400 Santa Anita Ave., 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
• Gibson Mariposa Park, 4140 Gibson Road, 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
• Lambert Park, 11431 McGirk Ave., 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
• Mt. View Park, 12127 Elliot Ave., 12 p.m. – 1 p.m.
• Zamora Park, 3820 Penn Mar Ave., 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
For more information, please call the Summer Food Program Office at (626) 580-2210.