CRIME BLOTTER: 04/28/13 – 05/04/13 Provided by the Temple City Public Safety Division
May 17, 2013 • 720 views
Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.
Email This Story
• A Petty Theft was reported at 3:01pm, in the 5600 block of Baldwin Avenue. The victim said someone stole several potted plants from the front porch of her residence.
• A Commercial Burglary & Stolen Vehicle occurred between 4/27 2:00pm & 4/29 8:00am, in the 9400 block of Las Tunas Drive. The victim said someone entered his business and stole miscellaneous tools and a vehicle from the business.
• A Petty Theft occurred at 12:00pm, in the 5900 block of Ivar Avenue. The victim had a package delivered to his front porch and confirmed the delivery of the package. The victim reviewed his video surveillance camera and saw a male Caucasian (approximately 17-20 years old, wearing dark colored pants, a light colored shirt, and carrying a backpack) walk to his porch, grab the package, and walk away.
• An Under the Influence of a Controlled Substance arrest of a FH/37 was made in the 10,900 block of Daines Drive. Deputies responded to a burglary now call and contacted the suspect, who displayed the signs and symptoms of a person under the influence of a controlled substance. The suspect is a resident of Temple City.
• A Petty Theft was reported at 8:23am, in the 5200 block of Barela Avenue. The victim said someone entered his unlocked vehicle and stole his wallet.
• A Petty Theft was reported at 12:07pm, in the 5900 block of Bartlett Avenue. The victim said someone entered his unlocked vehicle and stole several items.
• A Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol arrest of a FW/ 31 was made at 11:08pm, at Rosemead Boulevard & Elm Street. Deputies responded to a traffic collision where a vehicle was overturned. The driver displayed the signs & symptoms of a person under the influence of alcohol. The suspect’s tests results were well above the legal limit. The suspect is a resident of San Gabriel.
• A Vehicle Burglary occurred between 12:30am & 3:30am, in the 6000 block of Burton Avenue. Someone broke into the victim’s locked vehicle by smashing the passenger side window to steal her purse.
• A Residential Burglary occurred between 11:15am & 3:30pm, in the 9800 block of Broadway. The victim left the rear door of her residence unlocked. When she returned, she found the rear door ajar and items missing from her home.
• A Petty Theft occurred at 8:40pm, in the 4900 block of Fiesta Avenue. The victim said the suspect contacted her in the backyard of her residence and said he was looking for a friend. The suspect left, then returned a short time later and stole the victim’s purse from her unlocked vehicle and ran to a nearby waiting truck (white Dodge with two racing stripes on the tailgate). There were two reported witnesses.
• A Reasonable Cause Identity Theft arrest of a MA/22 was made at 12:30am, at Las Tunas Drive & Sultana Avenue. The suspect was detained regarding a traffic violation and had an outstanding warrant in the amount of $100,000 for identity theft. The suspect also possessed several credit cards and other items and information in the names of miscellaneous persons, which is also indicative of identity theft. The suspect is a resident of Hacienda Heights.
• A Vehicle Burglary & Robbery occurred at 6:47pm, in the 5300 block of Golden West Avenue. The victim heard noise coming from his parked vehicle and went to investigate. The victim saw two males approximately 20 years old, who appeared to be gang members, in his vehicle. One of the suspects pointed a gun at the victim. The suspects entered a gold colored 4 door vehicle, which was driven by another male and drove away.
• A Possession of a Controlled Substance arrest of a MH/24 was made at 7:00am, in the 8600 block of Garibaldi Avenue. Deputies responded to a fight call and recovered suspected methamphetamine in the suspect’s property. In addition, several other people at the location were arrested for outstanding warrants. The suspect is a resident of San Gabriel.
• A Theft by False Pretenses occurred at 12:00pm, in the 5300 block of El Monte Avenue. The elderly victim received a telephone call from a person claiming to be her grandson and an alleged police officer in Mexico. The caller told the victim to send $1,690.00 to bail her grandson out of jail. The caller re-contacted the victim and told her to send additional money. The victim called her grandson’s mother to confirm the information and found out she was scammed.