“Spirit of Giving” Celebrated at Woman’s Club
December 26, 2012 • 400 views
The spirit of charitable gift giving highlighted the December meeting of
Woman’s Club of South Pasadena. The annual “Spirit of Giving” luncheon program, held at the historic 1913 Clubhouse, culminates a year of philanthropic activities and projects by Club members.
Special guests from the Huntington Hospital Breast Cancer Program, County USC Hospital and Veterans Centers, were on hand to accept donations of items prepared and assembled over the past year. The items include hand made comfort pillows for breast cancer patients, lapghans for wheelchair-bound veterans, and hygiene kits with personal sized toiletries and socks for County hospital patients and homeless veterans. The Club’s Philanthropy Committee also presented monetary contributions to these and other charitable organizations, including the South Pasadena Strings, Holy Family Giving Bank, St James Food Locker, and the Penny Pines restoration program for the Angeles National Forest.
The Woman’s Club was founded in 1899 and has a long history of charitable activities and service. In addition to the annual “Spirit of Giving” program, they distribute 1000’s of cookies in gift containers to hospitalized and homeless veterans through “Operation Cookie” held each May, provide scholarships to local high school students, and volunteer for various community events.
For information on Woman’s Club membership, meetings, and philanthropic projects, call 626-799-9309 or visit: www.thewcsp.com/