The annual Halloween Carnival provides children a safe alternative to trick-o-treating between the hours of 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. The Halloween Carnival will be held at Live Oak Park Thursday, Oct. 31. Children’s activities include 30 carnival games, bungee trampoline, giant slide, toy raffles, strolling magician, and puppet show. Two food trucks will be on site selling rice balls, Korean tacos, fried rice, sliders, boba drinks and gourmet ice cream cookie sandwiches.
Many thanks to Temple City Parks & Recreation for planning this popular event that draws hundreds. This event is free and open to the public. For additional information, call 285-2171 ext. 2360.
Temple City Tweets:
• The Rosemead Boulevard Beautification Project is well underway and even ahead of schedule. It will be beautiful with protected bikeways, thousands of new plants and trees, works of art and sculpture, pedestrian friendly sidewalks and lighting. I realize it has been a hardship on some citizens but do you remember the Rosemead project a few years ago from Callita to Colorado Blvd? I remember not seeing any construction workers for several weeks. The County made a bad contract that allowed the company to work on other projects. It was a lower cost for the County but frustration for citizens and businesses. Temple City has done all the right things to make sure there is the least amount of inconvenience.
• Citizen’s Academy class of 2013 is into its third session. Twenty-seven class members will kicked-off with an introductory session on the Starring Roles of City Leaders followed by Where Are The Benjamins, and Survival of the Fittest Community. The sessions are carefully crafted to give a glimpse of the inner-workings of city government.
• After two months of renovation Temple City will unveil the refurbished Council Chambers on November 5. Improvements include new seating with ADA accessibility, council dais, new carpeting and paint, improved audio and video. City staff has kept the cost down by doing a lot of the work themselves. Come out at 6:30 for a grand tour.
• Senior Health Fair – older adults are reminded of the upcoming Health Fair on Thursday, Oct. 31 from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. noon at the Live Oak Park Community Center. Several vendors from local health care agencies will be offering information on healthy living and other “treats” throughout the morning. Free screenings will also be available. For information call 285-2171 ext. 2358.
• After seven looooog years The Gateway Project has been issued building permits. The project includes the construction of an underground parking garage for 272 cars, and four separate buildings totaling 80,000 square feet of commercial area. Outdoor dining, public gathering area, water features. I donned my yellow hard hat and was able to take a few photos of the progress.
I am happy to announce my new website dedicated to everything Temple City. It captures the spirit and community of a great city. Check it out at: www.templecityphotos.com to see recent photo and video events. You can also like us on Facebook. I would welcome your comments at email@example.com
See you soon…